Security Advisor is a powerful tool for maintaining security across all endpoints. It evaluates your environment and provides a score based on an analysis of your Nebula configuration. This score displays on the dashboard and lets you know if Nebula is set up according to our recommendations.
Security Advisor also offers customized recommendations to help you secure your environment. These suggestions provide overviews and resolutions for issues found in your environment. Implement these recommendations to improve your security score and ensure better protection for all your endpoints.
The Security Advisor score is based on these factors:
- Deployment: The number of endpoints installed against the number of seats purchased. Protect your environment by installing the endpoint agent on all your devices.
- Policies: Policies control the protection settings applied to endpoints. Your endpoints are more protected when your policies have the recommended settings enabled.
- Scheduled scans: Scheduled scans run on a regular basis. This ensures your endpoints are routinely checked for threats.
- Endpoint status: Endpoint statuses indicate if action is required on a device. These actions include scanning, rebooting, remediating threats, and installing updates.
- Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR)1: EDR allows you to be proactive by watching for potentially malicious behavior.
- DNS Filtering1: Protect your users by using DNS Filtering to block access to specific websites.
- Vulnerability & Patch1: Vulnerable and outdated software is a security risk to your environment. Use the Vulnerability & Patch Management module to keep your systems and software updated.
1 These factors display if you have a subscription for these products. Without these subscriptions, they show in the Factors outside of your subscription and do not affect your score.
Security Advisor recommendations appear under the Issues section. These recommendations are tailored to your account based on your current Nebula configuration.
Review each issue to understand the cause, impact, and resolution. The following information is available for each issue:
- Severity: How critical the issue is.
- Affecting: Number of endpoints impacted.
- Factor: Scoring factor affected by the issue.
- Issue: Problem found by the Security Advisor.
- Security score impact: Amount your security score increases by taking this action.
- Recommendation: Suggested action. Click on the recommendation for more details and to make the suggested change.
Once you've reviewed the issues, increase your security score by going through each recommendation. Complete the suggested actions in descending order based on severity.