The endpoint agent stops installing or stops running on Windows endpoints and a Windows Platform FIPS error message appears in the endpoint agent logs.
You see the error message in the EndpointAgent.txt log file located here:
- %ProgramData%\Malwarebytes Endpoint Agent\Logs\EndpointAgent.txt
The following error shows in the log file:
- Error: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms.
Malwarebytes Nebula does not support the FIPS validation for encryption modules and the endpoint has this enabled.
- Disable Microsoft FIPS in the Group Policy or Local Policy.
- Group Policy: Disable the Microsoft FIPS module in the group policy. For more information, see Microsoft FIPS.
- Local Policy: Follow the steps below to disable Microsoft FIPS in your local policy:
- In Control Panel, click Administrative Tools, and double-click Local Security Policy.
- In Security Settings, expand Local Policies, and then click Security Options.
- Under Policy in the right pane, double-click System cryptography: Use FIPS compliant algorithms for encryption, hashing, and signing, and then click Disabled.
- Click OK.
- Install the Malwarebytes endpoint agent.