Nebula has been updated with new features and improvements in January 2021.
January 27, 2021
- Windows software update for EP and EDR (Component Package version 1.0.1155)
- Improved protection against ransomware
- Bugfix for BSOD issue related to farflt.sys
January 26, 2021
- Expanded Endpoint Detection and Response support for macOS endpoints.
- Big Sur: Users will see the Full Disk Access prompt every time an exclusion is updated
- Catalina: Users will see a prompt during installation for filtering network content that does not appear associated Nebula.
- Process isolation does not work on endpoints running macOS versions 10.13 (High Sierra)/10.14 (Mojave)
- Process isolation does not block Safari from launching
- Exclusions that use the wildcard operator: "*" do not work
- On the Endpoints page, Big Sur is displayed in the Nebula console as version 10.16 instead of 11.0
- During uninstall, the end user needs to manually accept a dialog before the endpoint agent is removed
- Added a new status of "Needs Attention" to notify administrators of endpoints that require their attention on an end-user's machine
January 21, 2021
- Added the Generate Diagnostic Logs option to the Actions menu for greater convenience when troubleshooting issues, plus the ability to download logs from the status indicator on an endpoint's Overview page after generating. For more information, see Collect Endpoint Agent diagnostic logs.
January 15, 2021
- Added a new survey to see how Nebula can help make your job easier
January 8, 2021
- Windows software update 4.3.98 for EP and EDR (Protection Service Version 188.8.131.52, Component Package Version 1.0.1130) - Additional bugfixes to address an issue that caused network printers to appear offline
- macOS software update 4.6.8 for EP (Protection Service and Component Package version 4.6.8) -Added support for macOS Big Sur 11.1
January 7, 2021
- Updated our support phone numbers
January 6, 2021
- Software Inventory has been expanded to support Mac assets