NOTICE - As of January 10th, 2022, Malwarebytes automatically enables two-factor authentication for all users when signing into Nebula.
Malwarebytes Nebula provides two-factor authentication for extra security. This article explains how to enable two-factor authentication (2FA) under your Profile. For more information on 2FA, see Two-factor authentication in Nebula.
Malwarebytes and the Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) recommends to not permanently disable 2FA as this provides an extra layer of security in the event your login credentials are compromised.
Enable two-factor authentication
- At the top right of the screen, click your display name > Profile > Password & Security tab.
- In the Two-factor Authentication section, toggle Two-factor Authentication to On.
- Use the authenticator app on your device to scan the QR code on your screen.
- The authenticator app sends you a verification code.
- Enter the code into Malwarebytes and click Verify.
- Malwarebytes displays “Your Authenticator has been successfully configured on your mobile device.”
Every time you log in to Nebula, the login screen asks for a verification code from the authenticator app.
Return to the Malwarebytes Nebula Administrator Guide.