Malwarebytes Nebula allows you to create a new name, or alias, for your managed endpoints. You may want to rename endpoints with complex device names to something easier to remember or identify. The new endpoint name is only visible in the Nebula console. Users at the endpoint do not see any changes.
This article details how to add, change, or delete an endpoint alias in the Nebula console.
- Log in to Malwarebytes Nebula.
- In the left navigation pane, click Endpoints.
- Find the endpoint you want to rename.
- Hover your cursor over the endpoint name, then the pen and paper icon ( ) appears. Click this icon.
- A text field displays. Enter an alias for the endpoint. Your alias must meet the following requirements:
- Max of 64 alphanumeric characters.
- May include any of the following characters:
Note: Alias names are not case sensitive.
- Click Save.
You can search endpoints by either fully qualified domain name or alias. In the Nebula console, you can hover your cursor over an alias name to view the original hostname.