The Malwarebytes Cloud Platform has been enhanced with new features and improvements.
Redesigned Dashboard ‘Endpoints’ Tile: By popular demand, the dashboard ‘Endpoints’ tile has been revamped to deliver a better user experience. Users can now view a list of endpoint statuses with respective totals and drill-down capabilities, enabling IT and InfoSec teams to quickly assess their security posture and take action.
Endpoint Status Filter: The ‘Status’ column via the Endpoints page can now be filtered, enabling users to further refine their search criteria to support a variety of workflows.
App Block [Endpoint Protection]: A new Real-Time Protection setting for App Block has been introduced for macOS endpoints, designed to block application execution from developers who are known to release unwanted software like malware, PUPs, or adware. App Block outsmarts developers who try to bypass security by releasing a slightly different version of their app.
(Important note: To take advantage of this feature, you must enable App Block in your macOS policy settings.)
Protection Updates Delay: A new Windows policy setting for ‘Protection Updates Delay’ has been introduced, adding the ability to specify how long each Protection Updates version must be made available to the public before endpoints will obtain the update. This is helpful in mitigating concerns regarding potential incidents on critical systems, such as false-positives.
Manually Check for Software Updates: A “Check for Software Updates” option has been added to the Actions menu via the Endpoints page, providing the ability to manually check for newer versions of Malwarebytes software on-demand.
In-Product Support Information: The user profile menu now features a ‘Contact Us’ link that contains information on how to contact Malwarebytes Support.
Product Suggestions and Feedback: Have an idea, suggestion or comment about the Malwarebytes Cloud console? We want to hear from you! Customers can now send feedback directly to the Product Management team via the console. Simply click the “Send feedback” button and describe the problem you’d like to see solved. You can even include a screenshot.
- Added the ability to delete quarantined items for macOS endpoints
- When using the Malwarebytes Discovery & Deployment Tool to migrate endpoints from Malwarebytes Endpoint Security to the Malwarebytes Cloud Platform, users can now specify Windows Authentication credentials they want to use for SQL database connection
- Endpoint online/offline status indicator icon has been deprecated in favor of the more modern ‘Last Seen’ timestamp and related search functionality
- Improved the quarantine timestamp logic for macOS endpoints to now indicate when an item was quarantined, rather than when the item was reported to the console
- Improved processing time of Syslog messages
- Improved software upgrade logic
- Improved Self-Protection behavior during Endpoint Agent upgrades
- Improved detection efficacy and remediation techniques
- Real-Time Protection performance and stabilization improvements
- Fixed an issue on the Reports page where the ‘Top’ scroll-back icon may not work as expected
- Fixed an issue where reports containing large amounts of data may not generate as expected
- Fixed an issue on the Events page where an error may occur when displaying 25 records
- Fixed an issue where scheduled reports of the same type and reporting period may not generate when configured for different time zones