Malwarebytes updated the cloud platform on March 8, 2018 at 8:00PM EST / 5:00PM PST. As a customer of this platform, we want to take a moment to familiarize you with the changes deployed in this update.
- Added macOS support for Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection. Now businesses can centrally deploy and manage Malwarebytes
- Endpoint Protection across all of their Windows and macOS endpoints. Administrators can apply real-time protection via policy setting and perform manual on-demand scans and schedule automated threat scans of macOS endpoints—all from the cloud console:
- Added option within policy setting that allows Mac end users to initiate on-demand scans:
- Added a "Seats in Use" counter to the License Information tab of the My Account section of the cloud console. Together with Term type (Evaluation or Subscription), Seat Count, Status (Active, Grace, Expired), and Expiration Date—administrators now can see how many seats are being used toward their subscription license:
- Added hourly scan options for scheduled scans. This allows businesses to scan more often than just daily or weekly to detect threats and reduce potential threat dwell time:
- Updated the Endpoint Properties page and My Account section of the cloud console with horizontal tabs to match ongoing UI improvements:
- Added Endpoint Protection Protection Update version to the Asset reports
- Updated Reboot Options in policy setting so they now apply to installation, updates, uninstallation, and detection removal
- Updated Threat Cleaned email notification to include "Scan Type", a deep link to the Scan Report, and a deep link to the Group that the endpoint belongs to
- Updated and reorganized the Add Endpoint page (within Endpoints tab) to the new UI look and feel:
- Replaced scrolling records throughout the cloud console with pagination (default of 25 records)
- Added audit event that is logged in the Events tab of the cloud console when a Scheduled Report is generated
- Renamed "OS Platform" to "OS Version" (i.e., "Windows") and renamed "OS Release Name" to "OS Friendly Name" (i.e., "Microsoft Windows 10 Pro") within Endpoint Properties page and reports
- Updated the Endpoint Properties page so that if an OS Version is not available, the UI will now display "Unknown"
- Fixed: Quarantine page displays old quarantined items on top of the list
- Endpoint Protection for Mac: Shows enabled/disabled notification even if tray icon is not present
- Endpoint Protection for Mac: Scan History tab does not get information populated if threat scan does not detect any threats
- Endpoint Protection for Mac: Protection update version is reporting SDK version instead of DB version in Scan History, not reporting in Endpoint Details
- Endpoint Protection for Mac: Timestamps in Scan History tab for macOS endpoints is in GMT and not the web browser's locale
- Endpoint Protection for Mac: Free Physical memory is being reported as "0" in the Overview tab of Endpoint Properties
Our next cloud platform update is scheduled for April 2018.