Trusted applications, websites, and services can be excluded from the security engine so they aren't detected. Global Administrators and Site Administrators manage exclusions by adding, editing, or deleting them in the console. See the sections below for steps to manage exclusions.
Before adding exclusions, go through this overview to understand the types of exclusions available and what syntax is required.
- Click Configure > Exclusions.
- Click Add exclusions.
- In the pop-up window, complete the following fields:
- Enable/disable: Switch the toggle to enable the exclusion.
- Input line: Enter the exclusion into the text box using the syntax outlined in the overview article.
- Applies to: Select how the exclusion is applied to endpoints in the console. Global (all endpoints), a single Site, or specific Policies.
- Click Validate. This checks the entered exclusions for syntax errors and if it's already added in the console.
- In the Edit exclusion pop-up window, verify exclusion was entered and applied to endpoints in the console correctly.
- Note: Click the Actions menu to remove or disable the exclusion.
- Click Save.
- Once an exclusion is added, click Edit or Delete to modify.