Malwarebytes OneView allows users to create exclusions to all endpoints globally, a single site, or one or more policies. You may want to add, enable, or disable exclusions if a trusted application or data file is flagged as a false positive. If you use Malwarebytes alongside other anti-virus software, you may need to add exclusions to avoid software conflicts in your environment. This article details the Exclusions screen and how to add a new exclusion.
For more information on exclusion types and syntax, see Overview of exclusions in OneView.
Add Exclusion in Malwarebytes OneView
- Log in to Malwarebytes OneView.
- In the left navigation pane, click Settings > Exclusions.
- In the upper-right, click Add .
- In the Add one or more exclusions pop-up window, complete the following fields:
- Enable/disable: Switch the toggle to enable your listed exclusions. This toggle is enabled by default.
- Input line: Enter each exclusion on a separate line.
- Applies to: Select endpoints the exclusion applies to, Global (all endpoints), a single Site, or one or more Policies.
- Applies to site: Select the site to exclude.
- Applies to polices: Select one or more policies to exclude.
- Comments (Optional)
- Click Validate. If an exclusion is previously enabled, a pop-up window displays the removed exclusions because it is already present.
- In the Edit exclusion pop-up window, verify the information regarding your listed exclusions.
- Exclusion: Shows the exclusion value entered.
- Type: Shows the exclusion type given to this exclusion.
- Status: Shows whether this exclusion is enabled or disabled for the applied policy. A green check mark indicates the exclusion is applied. A red hyphen indicates that the exclusion is paused or inactive.
- Apply to: Select whether the exclusion will apply to Global (all endpoints), Site, or Policy.
- Apply to specific: Select the site name or one or more policy if this applies to a site or policy.
- Categories: Shows icons indicating the Malwarebytes protection layer(s) effected by the exclusion. Hover your cursor over each icon to see the name of the protection layer.
- Comment: (Optional) Provide a comment to give the exclusion a unique description.
- Actions: Click the or icons to remove or disable the exclusion.
- Click Save. In the bottom-right, a confirmation message displays Exclusions have been created successfully.
Edit exclusion in OneView
- Actions: Click Exclusion actions in the Actions column of the table. These options are:
- Edit: Click this to edit and configure the exclusion. Options are the same as adding a new exclusion.
- Delete: Click this to delete this exclusion. A window appears to confirm your choice.
- Enable/Disable: Click Disable to pause or stop applying the exclusion to your policies. Click Enable to resume applying this exclusion to your policies.
Return to the Malwarebytes OneView User Guide.