Policies define how Malwarebytes behaves when running a scheduled scan. Policies are applied at the group level, and all endpoints in a group use the same policy. By default, endpoints added to the console belong to the Default Group, and the Default Policy.
To locate the Scan settings tab in your policy:
- Go to Settings > Policies.
- Click New or select an existing policy.
- Select the Scan settings tab to see the specific settings available for each operating system.
Threat Scans are more thorough than a quick Hyper Scan. Threat Scans have the following options:
- Scan the contents of compressed folders (e.g. .zip, .rar. etc.): The scan checks inside of compressed files.
- Detect signature-less anomalous files: The scan looks at file behavior in addition to scanning files using known threat information.
- Scan for rootkits on the endpoints: The scan searches for rootkits. This may increase the time required to complete a scan or impact system performance.
- Use expert system algorithms to identify malicious files: Enhances scan capabilities to find malicious files within the system.
Threat Scans, Hyper Scans, and Real-Time Protection
These options apply to Threat Scans, Hyper Scans, and Real-Time Protection:
- Treat potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) as malware (recommended): Specifies if Potentially Unwanted Programs are treated as malware or ignored.
- Treat potentially unwanted modifications (PUMs) as malware (recommended): Specifies if Potentially Unwanted Modifications are treated as malware or ignored. Applies to Windows endpoints only.
Additional scan options
Additional scan options to determines the endpoint system priority for scans and CPU usage of scans.
Options in this section are as follows:
- Select how endpoints should prioritize scans vs system performance: Enables manual priority selection for scheduled scans.
- Low priority: Scans requires more time to complete, but have a lesser performance impact.
- High priority: Allows scans to run faster, but may affect endpoint system performance.
- Select maximum allocation of CPU resources for scans: Controls the maximum amount of processing power used during a manual or scheduled system scan on Mac endpoints. To learn more, see: CPU Usage setting for Mac endpoints in Malwarebytes Nebula.
Return to the Malwarebytes Nebula Administrator Guide.