Malwarebytes is scheduled to update our cloud platform on January 11, 2018 at 8:00PM EST / 5:00PM PST. As a customer of this platform, we want to take a moment to familiarize you with the changes that are about to become available.
- Added new data fields in the Detection Details dialog window: Administrators now can see the affected applications from Real-Time Protection events and an MD5 hash from Exploit Protection events. By adding the Process Name for Website Protection events, administrators can now see and better understand the exact process which was trying to access the malicious site:
- Added new on-demand reports for Asset, Event, and Task summaries: Administrators can request a CSV format export of endpoint asset details, events, and tasks for the previous 24 hours, 7 days, or 30 days. Click on the Reports tab in the cloud console, then click the “Generate Now” link for the desired report. The request is placed into a queue for processing. When the report is ready, an email with a link is sent to the requestor’s email address allowing them to download the desired report:
- Added new Websites Blocked tile in the cloud console dashboard: This provides administrators with visibility and a running tally of the malicious websites and IP addresses that were blocked during the past 24 hours. Simply log into the cloud console where you can view the Websites Blocked tile on the main Dashboard page:
- Updates for the Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection engine will be automatically metered by Malwarebytes to prevent overloading customer networks
- Updated the title bar of Endpoints detail page to display the selected endpoint’s name
- Added deep link to view Scan Reports in the Event Details dialog window for Threat Found and Threat Cleaned event types
- Fixed: Under certain conditions for some customers, the endpoint agent service would fail to start in a timely manner leaving the endpoint agent in a stopped state
- Fixed: The Malwarebytes Discovery & Deployment Tool would display an error if the download server couldn’t be reached
- Fixed: Tasks now show the correct quantity when filtered by Status
- Fixed: Using browser navigation from many pages required clicking the browser’s back button twice to navigate back
- Fixed: When installing the new Malwarebytes product, endpoints were stuck in a reboot loop when removing the legacy Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1v.6 product
- Customers migrating from legacy Malwarebytes products (including Malwarebytes Anti-Malware v1.6, Malwarebytes AntiExploit v1.08, and Malwarebytes Management Console v1.6) will require 2 reboots in a row to complete the installation
- Running Sysprep with the Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection agent installed fails. The workaround is to stop the Endpoint Protection agent tray process before launching Sysprep
- Detections that are found, but not quarantined, are not being counted in the Detection History tile on the Dashboard page— however the Number of Detections chart on the Dashboard page is counting them correctly.
The next cloud platform update is scheduled for February 2018.