This article guides you through deploying the Malwarebytes Browser Guard extension to Mozilla Firefox on your endpoints using Group Policy. You can add the extension to protect your Firefox browser by downloading from the Firefox Add-ons page. This works for individual users, but Group Policy is required to deploy an extension to a large number of users in your organization.
Deploy Malwarebytes Browser Extension using Group Policy
- Download the Policy Templates for Firefox.
- Copy the file in your Domain Controller, unzip the folder and copy the .admx file in C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions and the .adml file corresponding to your language to C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions\en-US
- Go to the Group Policy Management > User Configuration > Policies > Administrative Templates > Mozilla > Firefox > Extensions
- Select extensions to install > select Enabled > click Show...
- Enter the following URL in the Value field:
- Click OK.
Once the GPO refreshes, the browser extension installs automatically.