The Policies screen allows Malwarebytes OneView users to add and edit global security policies, and easily apply them to one or more customer sites. This feature helps OneView users globally manage customer sites, without the need to configure security policies for each Malwarebytes Nebula platform individually.
Policies tab overview
To view the Policies screen in OneView, go to Policies > Policies tab. The Policies tab shows a list of your existing policies, which sites have applied policies, and other information you can sort. You can use the magnifying glass at the top-right of the screen to search for specific policies in your list. Policies show as line items with different columns highlighting specific information. These columns are:
- Name: The name given to the policy. Click the column header to sort policies by alphabetical or reverse alphabetical order.
- Sites: Shows a number that indicates the number of sites using the policy. Click the number to view the names of the sites using this policy. If no sites are assigned, you instead see an Assign sites button. Click this to apply the policy to the Default Group of one or more of your sites. See below for steps to apply policy to other groups within a site.
- Protection layers: View enabled or disabled protection layers at a glance directly from the policy page. Click on a OS category to view detailed policy information.
- Last updated: Shows the date of the last time a OneView user made edits to this policy. Click the column header to sort policies based on the last time they were updated.
- Actions: Click the ellipsis icon to choose actions in a drop-down menu. These options are:
- Edit: Click this to edit and configure the policy. Options are the same as adding a new policy.
- Delete: Click this to delete this policy. A window appears to confirm your choice. You cannot delete the Default policy.
- Set as default: Click this to set this policy as the Default. We recommend setting a policy to default to help you identify the policy configured for most of your customer sites.
- Assign sites: Click this to apply the policy to the default group of one or more of your sites.
- If your site does not appear in the list of sites that can be assigned, another group on that site already has this policy assigned. Change the policy assigned to those groups before attempting to assign the site from this page.
- Clone: Click this to clone the existing policy. You must set a new policy name for the clone.
- From the sidebar, click Policies.
- On the Policies screen, click the Policies tab.
- At the top-right, click the plus sign ( + ) to add a new policy.
- The screen shows all options to configure your policy. Check the boxes to enable or disable each of the settings.
- After configuring your policy, click the Policy name field to create a name for it.
- Click Save when done.
Apply an existing policy
- In the left navigation pane, click Policies.
- Choose the policy you want to assign sites to. If the policy does not have a site assigned to it, click the Assign sites button. If the policy has assigned sites, click the kebab icon ( ) > Assign sites.
- In the Assign sites pop-up window, click the Sites drop down.
- Choose the sites you want the policy to be assigned to.
- Click Save.
- In the Assign sites? pop-up window, click Accept. The policy will be assigned to the default group of the selected sites. If you want to move a policy to a different group, see Manage groups in Malwarebytes Nebula platform.
- A confirmation displays that Sites have been updated successfully.
Apply a global policy to a Site
The default group in a selected site can only be assigned to a policy by creating the subscription for a site or using the assign site option in the OneView policies section. New groups created in the Nebula site console can be assigned with other created policies.
- In the left navigation pane, click Sites.
- Click Launch site on your desired site.
- In the left navigation pane select Settings, then click Groups.
- Click New or select a created group.
- Choose the desired policy from the drop-down menu.
- Click Save.
Adding protection to a policy
When you create a policy in OneView, the protection services enabled are then finalized for the calculated billing cost. Enabling additional layers within the policy settings come with a billing usage change notice that must be confirmed to process the update on the policy. This is to keep you notified of any possible billing changes which come with modifying your policy settings.
Return to the Malwarebytes OneView User Guide.