OneView OneView can notify you when certain events occur across your console and endpoints. Use the Notifications settings to choose which notifications to receive.
On the Notifications page, you can view, sort, and create email notifications assigned to different sites through actions on the right. This article explains how to configure email, webhook, and Slack notifications in OneView.
For Slack or Microsoft Teams notifications, enable the feature in your console.
- Introduction to OneView integration with Slack
- Introduction to OneView integration with Microsoft Teams
For notification categories and conditions, see the table at the bottom.
The notifications settings button in the top-right allows a Global Admin to enable or disable notifications to instantly suspend all notifications of any particular type for the account. Global Admins can use this to quickly prevent specific delivery methods of notifications without having to manually disable or delete each notification.
- On the left navigation menu, click Configure > Notifications.
- Click Add notification to set up a new OneView notification.
- On the General page, enter your Notification name and Description.
- Click Next.
- On the Category page, select your notification category and click Next.
- On the Conditions page, select your Sites and Conditions. Select All current sites or All sites (including future) to receive notifications on current or subsequent sites.
- Click the add or delete button on the right side to add or remove a condition.
- Click Next once sites and conditions are selected.
- On the Delivery page, click Enable aggregation, if you want to group multiple alerts into a single notification. If enabled, select your Interval and Grouped by options.
- Select Email, Call Webhook, Slack, or Microsoft Teams for your notification delivery method.
- For Email or Call Webhook:
- Enter a subject for the Subject line.
- Select available email recipients in the drop-down menu or enter custom email recipients to receive notifications.
- For Slack:
- Select Slack channels from the drop-down list. These are public channels pulled from your workspace and include private channels if configured in Slack.
- For Microsoft Teams:
- Select Microsoft Teams channels from the drop-down list. These are channels pulled from your workspace where the OneView Notifications app is added.
- For Email or Call Webhook:
- Select tiles based on the desired content you want the notification to contain.
- Click Complete.
Note: Selected recipients will receive notifications for all sites added on the conditions page, even if the user is not assigned to the site in OneView.
Categories and conditions
This table provides details on all available notification categories and conditions in OneView.
Endpoint agent activity
Additional notification settings
- For Vulnerability and Patch Management customers, see Set up vulnerability notifications in OneView OneView.
- For DNS Filtering customers, see Set up Application Block notifications in OneView.
- For Application Block customers, see Set up Application Block notifications in Nebula.