Malwarebytes’ mission is to provide our customers with the best disinfection and protection solutions to combat the world’s most harmful internet threats. Our customers can obtain our products directly from us and from Malwarebytes authorized resellers. Other than the free products made available on our website, our policy is to honor product warranties and to perform support services only on products purchased from Malwarebytes or a Malwarebytes authorized reseller and only accompanied by a receipt or proof of purchase. More information about our product warranties and support services can be found in our Software License Agreement.
Unfortunately, there are some sellers who falsely claim to be Malwarebytes authorized resellers but are not. Products sold from these sellers do not carry a warranty or support services from Malwarebytes. When you purchase products from an unauthorized seller, you are taking a risk because these products may be counterfeit/fake, defective, or may have expired license keys. There are also unauthorized sellers who take customers’ orders, charge their credit cards, but do not have our products in stock to deliver.
If you have purchased Malwarebytes products from an unauthorized seller:
- We are not obligated to cover your purchased products under our warranty;
- We are not obligated to provide any support services for your product;
- We may not be able to help you if you have a problem with the unauthorized seller;
- We may not be able to determine whether these products are counterfeit, defective, otherwise compromised; and
- You may be in breach of our Software License Agreement.
Please protect yourself and your Malwarebytes products by ensuring that you only purchase Malwarebytes products from the Malwarebytes website or a Malwarebytes authorized reseller. If you believe you have purchased through an unauthorized seller, consider the following:
- Contact the seller or the website where you purchased the license to request a refund.
- Contact your bank or credit card company to get the transaction frozen or stopped so you can claim your money back.
- Check the state of your computer and take note if anything appears wrong or abnormal. Request assistance from a Malwarebytes specialist if you believe your device may be compromised.
If you would like to know whether a specific reseller is authorized or not, submit a ticket to Malwarebytes Support.