Patch Management provides you the ability to install software updates and available system patches on each endpoint.
Enable Patch Management policy
- On the left navigation menu, go to Settings > Policies.
- Create a new policy or select an existing policy.
- Click the Software management tab.
- Check mark Allow updating software inventory and applying available OS patches for endpoints for Windows or Mac endpoints.
- Check mark Show deployment progress for the ability to check deployment progress on a Windows endpoint. Hover over the Malwarebytes Endpoint Agent in the system tray to view the current deployment progress.
- Click Save.
Note: The Installed software on the endpoints setting under Events to report on is required to scan for available patches.
Scan for available patches
In Malwarebytes Nebula, run an Inventory Scan to identify available software patches on endpoints.
NOTICE - Running Inventory & Vulnerability scans on endpoints is expected to use up to 350MB of memory and 25-50% of the CPU. We recommend running this scan on endpoints during off hours for users. For our minimum hardware requirements, see System requirements for Nebula.
To run an on-demand scan for vulnerabilities, select the Inventory Scan option from the action menu on the Endpoints page in Nebula. For more information, see Perform actions on endpoints in Nebula.
Scheduled Inventory Scan
To create a scheduled scan for vulnerabilities, select the Inventory Scan option for your schedule type in the Schedules page in Nebula. For more information, see Set scheduled scans in Nebula.
To apply operating system patches, see Apply operating system patch in Nebula.
Return to Malwarebytes Patch Management guide.