The Malwarebytes OneView Excel Add-in is for users, typically Managed Service Providers (MSPs) who use the Malwarebytes OneView multi-tenant web console. It uses the public API to export data directly into Microsoft Excel.
There is a reporting function that is useful for generating HTML/PDF reports for individual sites.
The add-in uses the Visual Studio Tools for Office (VSTO) function that embeds the solution into Microsoft Excel natively.
It is only available on Windows.
- An account on Malwarebytes OneView.
- Use this link to create API credentials needed.
- Microsoft Excel 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019, or Office 365 on Windows.
- (The add-in does not work on macOS because it uses Windows specific Microsoft Office features)
- .NET Framework v4.6.2.
Download and install the Add in. Latest version is v1.3.0.
This is a user community shared utility.
Please post questions and comments on the Malwarebytes Forum.
There is an in product Feedback form that sends emails to the author directly.
- Extract and import the following OneView objects from selected sites.
- Suspicious Activities
- Generate summary reports for individual sites.
- Generate an HTML or PDF report that is targeted at end customers.
- The reports are emailed to different recipients.
The latest version is v1.3.0.
- Changes in version 1.3.0 (2022-08-31)
- Fixed errors exporting Subscription data. Server load causes error which stops the export. Now the Add-in will retry which usually continues successfully.
- Changes in version 1.2.0 (2022-05-22)
- Removed .tlb file which was causing an error during installation due to admin permission required.
- Changes in version 1.1.0 (2022-02-18)
- Added first name, last name, and email to Subscription export.
- Fixed bug where feedback HTML is missing from distribution.
- Changed how subscriptions are shown (status and expiration) in the HTML report.
- Changes in version 1.0.0 (2022-02-15)
- Added additional properties to User export including sites, status, and MFA.
- The installation folder is located in the following user appdata directory.
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes OneView Excel Add-in [version]
- The installation logs are located in the following directory. They are useful to determine the reasons why the Add-in might not have been attached to Excel correctly.
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Local\Temp\Malwarebytes OneView Excel Add-in
- adxregistrator.log - Contains information about the Add-in being registered with Windows. This happens only once during the initial installation.
- adxloader.log - Data is logged every time the Add-in is being loaded when Excel starts.
- Site data imported from the OneView Cloud server.
- For most objects, a wizard is used to select the sites.
- HTML and PDF summary report generated for individual sites.