The Farbar Recovery Scan Tool is a free Windows utility designed to create troubleshooting logs for your computer. These logs help our Support team to identify and resolve issues with your computer. This article explains using the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool to collect logs.
There are two versions of the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool available for download: 32-bit and 64-bit. To find which operating system is installed on your computer, refer to Microsoft's article Which Windows operating system am I running?.
Download and launch Farbar Recovery Scan Tool
- Download the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool.
- Right-click the downloaded file and select Run as administrator.
- To accept the Disclaimer of warranty, click Yes.
- Ensure only the boxes listed below are checked
- Click Scan. The scan may take a few minutes to complete.
- When the scan completes, Farbar Recovery Scan Tool shows two messages:
- Scan completed. FRST.txt is saved in the same directory FRST is located.
- Addition.txt is saved in the same directory FRST is located.
- Click OK to close each message window.
- Send both files to Support.