If your endpoint is showing offline in OneView console, it may be due to missing network access requirements, a service not running, or the behavior is intended.
Endpoint displaying offline in the OneView console.
Windows, Mac, and Linux
Cause: Endpoints running the endpoint agent require our network access domains to connect with OneView.
- Update your firewall with our network access requirements to validate communication with OneView. For more information, see Network access requirements and firewall settings for OneView.
- For Windows, test the connection with the endpoint Agent command line tool. For more information, see Use the Endpoint Agent Command-line tool with Nebula.
- For Linux, test the connection with command line. For more information, see Commands for OneView Linux endpoints.
Cause: The agent does not communicate if the endpoint agent service MBEndpointAgent is not running. Possible reasons for this issue:
- A faulty update/reboot occurred and the service didn't start correctly.
- The service was manually stopped.
- The service is corrupted.
Resolution: Go to Windows services and verify the MBEndpointAgent service is running.
Android, ChromeOS, iOS, or Proxy
Cause: When using Android, ChromeOS, iOS, or a proxy, the online/offline indicator is always gray.
Resolution: Refer to the Last seen column of the Endpoints page to verify the endpoint is communicating.