As software becomes more complex, the number of application vulnerabilities increases every year. Vulnerability and Patch Management is a paid-for module which allows you to take control of the entire scanning and update process for endpoint exploits, and ensuring defenses are up to date across your environment.
Vulnerability Assessment is the first half of the module which may be purchased separately. This module scans installed software across your endpoints and monitors for threat exposures. The Vulnerability and Patch Management module scans installed software for vulnerabilities and available patches; then installs the available system or software updates across endpoints.
This module provides the following features:
- Scan for vulnerabilities across installed endpoint software.
- Patch outdated applications, operating systems, or software vulnerabilities across your endpoints.
- View detailed information on vulnerabilities across sites and endpoints.
- View detailed information on available software and OS patches across sites and endpoints.
- View recommended updates to perform on detected vulnerabilities.
- Send automatic email notifications to administrators on detected vulnerabilities, available patches, and installed patches.
- View summarized vulnerability and patching information across endpoints from your OneView dashboard.
To get started with Vulnerability and Patch Management, see Configure Vulnerability and Patch Management in OneView.