Malwarebytes OneView can run automated scans on your endpoints based on custom schedules. This article shows how to create a scheduled detection or software inventory scan.
Scheduled scans run using the endpoint's system time. Offline endpoints continue to scan based off the last downloaded scan schedule.
To view the Schedules page in OneView, go to Settings > Schedules. In the upper-right, click Search schedules to display a search bar.
Schedules show as line items with different columns highlighting specific information. These columns are:
- Schedule Name: Shows the name of the schedule.
- Type: Shows the type of scheduled scan.
- Groups: Shows the number of groups assigned to the schedule.
- Site Restricted: Shows the sites the schedule is available for.
- Updated At: Shows the date the schedule was last updated.
Create scheduled scan
To create a scheduled scan, go through the following steps and sections:
- In the left navigation pane, click Settings.
- From the Settings drop-down, select Schedules.
- In the upper-right, click Add .
Schedule type and options
- Under Schedule type and options, enter a Schedule Name
- Under Schedule type, select a type of schedule:
- Detection scan
- Select the operating systems to enable this scan for.
- Under General, select the operating systems you want Malwarebytes to Quarantine found threats automatically.
- For Mac scans, select if you want to Treat Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs) as malware by checking the box.
- For Windows scans, select a scan method Threat Scan, Hyper Scan, or Custom Scan. For more information, see Configure Scan settings in Malwarebytes OneView.
- Software Inventory Scan
- Detection scan
- In the Schedule groups tab, choose Global (All sites) or select a site.
- Select available groups from the selected sites to scan.
- In the Schedule frequency tab, set the following parameters:
- Schedule: Choose either Hourly, Daily, or Weekly.
- Hours: If Schedule is set to Hourly, then select between 1 and 24 hour(s) from this drop-down.
- Start Date: Click to select a calendar start date for this scheduled scan.
- Start Time: Click to select the starting hour, minute, and AM/PM option for this scheduled scan.
- Under Recovery Options, toggle on Run missed scans as soon as possible to recover missed scheduled scans due to endpoints being powered off or asleep. This scan automatically starts when the endpoint connects to OneView.
Delete scheduled scan
- Check the box for one or more groups.
- At the top-right of the of the Groups page, click the ellipsis icon .
- Click Delete.
- A confirmation dialog displays. Click Accept to delete.
Return to the Malwarebytes OneView User Guide.