View DNS Filtering records with the Activity tab on the DNS Filtering page. This page displays data and trends to understand which domains are being accessed by your endpoints. Use this data to adjust your DNS Filtering rules as needed.
View DNS Filtering records
To view DNS Filtering records, on the left navigation menu, go to Monitor > DNS Filtering.
The following diagrams and tables are available to provide an overview of endpoint activity:
- Top Allowed Categories: Shows a diagram of the top allowed categories for the past 24 hours.
- Top Blocked Categories: Shows a diagram of the top blocked categories for the past 90 days.
- Top 5 Allowed Domains: Shows the top 5 allowed domains for the past 24 hours.
- Top 5 Blocked Domains: Shows the top 5 blocked domains for the past 90 days.
The Activity tab displays internet traffic across all your endpoints. Allow records are retained for approximately 24 hours and block records are retained for 90 days. View the following information for each endpoint's activity record:
- Category: The security or web content category of the network activity.
- Date: The date of the network activity on the domain or subdomain.
- Domain: The domain or subdomain that had network activity.
- Endpoint: The endpoint with filtered network traffic.
- Group: The group of the endpoint.
- OS platform: The operating system platform of the endpoint.
- OS release name: The operating system release name of the endpoint.
- OS type: Whether the endpoint was a Workstation or Server.
- OS version: The operating system of the endpoint.
- Outcome: Whether access was allowed or blocked.
- Policy: Nebula policy the endpoint is assigned under.
- Rule: DNS rule which the domain was filtered through.
- User: Logged in user during this detected activity.
Sort data in the results list
Customize data in the results list in the following ways:
- Click Add / Remove Columns above the results list to choose which columns to display.
- Drag and drop certain column headers to the results bar to group data by those parameters.
- Hover your cursor over a column header to reveal a hamburger icon with options to pin and auto-size columns.
Click on a column filter icon to narrow the results. When clicking on the filter icon, the filter list at the top of the screen shows which filters are applied. Click on a filtered item to remove it, or Clear Filters to remove them all.
To download data to your local machine:
- Select all or check specific boxes for the rows you want to export.
- At the top-right of the Active Block Rules page, click Export.
Return to Malwarebytes Nebula DNS Filtering guide.