The first step to using DNS Filtering is to create a global exclusion. This prevents your private or local domains from being blocked by any created DNS rules. Only enter private or local domains to the global exclusion list. Create DNS Global exclusions using the Global Settings tab on the DNS Filtering page.
TIP - Enter global exclusions before creating a DNS Filtering rule. For more information, see Configure DNS Filtering rules in Nebula.
Create global exclusions
- On the left navigation menu, go to Monitor > DNS Filtering.
- In the top left, select the Global Settings tab.
- On the left, select Global exclusions.
- Enter an internal or private domain and click Add.
- Click Upload a bulk domain list to enter multiple domains simultaneously with a CSV file. The file should only contain a single column with the domains listed. A template file can be downloaded with the Download a file list template button.
- Click Save once all internal or private domains have been added.
Return to Nebula DNS Filtering guide.