Wireshark is a tool designed to capture network activity in real-time. Malwarebytes Support uses Wireshark to help investigate and determine issues related to network traffic.
TIP - Have everything ready to reproduce your network issue prior to collecting a Wireshark log to keep the capture short. Take note of the time and time zone of the endpoint when the issue was reproduced.
Create a Wireshark log
- Download Wireshark, then run the installer with the default settings and reboot if prompted.
- Open the applications you are troubleshooting. To eliminate unnecessary noise from other applications, close all other programs on the computer.
- Double-click Wireshark.exe to run the application.
- Double-click the main network adapter used for network connections to begin the log capture. If you are not sure which adapter to select, refer to the line graph that represents network activity.
- Reproduce the issue and take note of the time the issue was reproduced.
- Click Stop capturing packets from the top menu to stop the capture.
- Click File and then Save As to save the capture in the default format (.pcappng).
- Reach out to Malwarebytes Support for next steps.