View DNS Filtering records with the Activity tab on the DNS Filtering page. This page displays data and trends to understand which domains are being accessed by your endpoints. Use this data to adjust your DNS Filtering rules as needed.
View DNS Filtering records
- Log in to Malwarebytes OneView.
- In the left navigation menu, click Monitor > DNS Filtering.
- Endpoint activities display.
The following diagrams and tables are available to provide an overview of endpoint activity:
- Top Allowed Categories: Shows a diagram of the top allowed categories for the past 24 hours.
- Top Blocked Categories: Shows a diagram of the top blocked categories for the past 90 days.
- Top 5 Allowed Domains: Shows the top 5 allowed domains for the past 24 hours.
- Top 5 Blocked Domains: Shows the top 5 blocked domains for the past 90 days.
The Activity tab displays internet traffic across all your endpoints. Allowed records are retained for approximately 24 hours and blocked records are retained for 90 days. View the following information for each endpoint's activity record:
- Category: The security or web content category of the network activity.
- Date: The date of the network activity on the domain or subdomain.
- Domain: The domain or subdomain that had network activity.
- Endpoint: The endpoint with filtered network traffic.
- Group: The group of the endpoint.
- OS platform: The operating system platform of the endpoint.
- OS release name: The operating system release name of the endpoint.
- OS type: Whether the endpoint is a Workstation or Server.
- OS version: The operating system of the endpoint.
- Outcome: Whether access was allowed or blocked.
- Policy: OneView policy the endpoint is assigned under.
- Rule: DNS rule which the domain was filtered through.
- Site: OneView site the endpoint is deployed under.
Sort data in the results list
The Activity table helps you manage the available information pulled from your endpoints. Use filters within this table to sort your DNS activity information into specified results.
Customize data in the results list in the following ways:
- Click Add / Remove Columns above the results list to choose which columns to display.
- Drag and drop certain column headers to the results bar to group data by those parameters.
- Use the filters in the column headers to view specific data.
- Hover your cursor over a column header to reveal a hamburger icon with options to pin and auto-size columns.
Download DNS activity information to your local machine for auditing purposes or external reporting.
- Select all or check specific boxes for the rows you want to export.
- At the top-right of the Active Block Rules page, click Export.
Return to DNS Filtering guide for OneView.